ADVANCED LASER THERAPY CENTER
Low level laser therapy (LLLT) or, as it is sometimes referred to, cold laser therapy is the application of photons to affect the cells of the body. My interest in this modality resulted from a seminar with the Dr. Jeff Spencer, Lance Armstrong's chiropractor for his 7 Tour de France wins. As a result of this interest, I have taken 12 hours with Dr. Spencer, 12 hours with Dr. Dan Murphy (Laser Management of Common Clinical Syndromes), and holds Certified Laser Practitioner (CLP) status under Dr. Marguiles through Logan College of Chiropractic. 24 hours. Certification complete in October 2011. (total 60 hour training). Dr. Riggs is one of less that 100 certified practitioners in the United States.
Treatment consists of one to two treatment heads being passed or held over the area of injury or complaint and possibly the spine. Treatment times range from 2-5 minutes maximum.
ERCHONIA BASE STATION
Dr. Riggs uses the Erchonia base station, one of the most advanced lasers on the market. The versatility of the unit allows treatment protocols to be administered to different areas with ease. Dr. Riggs received his laser training from Dr. Jeff Spencer, chiropractor to Lance Armstrong and many professional athletes. Dr. Riggs uses treatment protocols taught by Dr. Spencer to maximize performance and muscular balance and to enhance healing. Dr. Spencer uses the Erchonia laser to treat professional athletes to keep them at peak performance and speed up injury healing.
Cold Laser Therapy Benefits
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT or 3LT) is often used by doctors to help patients seeking a non invasive, painless alternative to help eliminate acute or chronic pain and swelling in the joints, muscles, tendons, cartilage or other soft tissue in support of chiropractic care. Effects include: pain relief, injury healing, and inflammation control.
3LT works by re-energizes the cell by increasing the production of adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) from the mitochondria of the cell which can speed up the healing process.
Some Facts about Cold Laser therapy:
- Pain free and Non-invasive
- No known long-term side effects
- Over 3000 Clinical Studies Published Worldwide
- No known contraindications but it is not advised over eyes, pacemakers and pregnant uterus
How Laser Therapy Works/Effects:
- Stimulates regeneration and repair processes of the entire organism
- Relieves acute and chronic muscle pain or decreases its intensity
- Improves blood microcirculation
- Enhances metabolic processes
- Reinforces the defense system
Typical Conditions Responding to Laser Support:
- Arthritis - osteoarthritis and rheumatoid complaints
- Musculoskeletal injuries (back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, headaches)
- Bursitis-shoulder, knee, elbow and hip
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome- combined with myofascial release techniques
- Sprains (ligament) and Strains (muscle/tendon)
- Soft tissue (injuries, scar tissue, adhesions, inflammation, trigger points)-tissue healing
- Tendonitis/tendinosis (tennis elbow, golfers elbow, hip tendonitis)
- Rotator cuff injuries/impingement syndrome
- Joint Pain-Tennis elbow, knee pain, joint pain, wrist pain
- Plantar fasciitis/heel spurs (with myofacscial release)
- SCIATICA/disc injuries- pain and inflammation control
- Muscle Weakness/Imbalance
Riggs Chiropractic Orthopedics
206 W. Division Street
Dowagiac, MI 49047
My New Laser Base Station